Photo and Commentary by Laureen Ercha
Once it became independent on October 16,1871, St. Mary’s Star of the Sea Parish immediately served as the only Catholic Church in the area, at the time. Every Sunday, families from all over walked to Beverly, for mass. As the significance of the representation has been explained above, its connections have all been summed up to one common ground. That is, the connection to the Arch-Diocese of Boston, due to the fact that St. Mary’s is a Roman Catholic Church.
It is noted that St. Mary’s underwent numerous pastors through it’s so far 134 years of life. And it is because of these pastors that each was appointed with their own ideas to instill, and all-together change the parish for the better. Over time it is shown how St. Mary’s has endured and rebuilt itself back up again and again. It remains to be still one of the tallest structures in Beverly, today. It may be noticed that from the postcard the tradition structure of how it was built. It is because of this representation that it can be denoted the long existence of this Church, yes, as of right now, but also toward the near future. St. Mary’s Church, is immortal because it has shown no example of it withering away. The continental restoration that contributes to its appearance it steadfast, and will remain important throughout time. St. Mary’s Star of the Sea Parish, now serves as a home parish for the parishioners from the recently closed St. Alphonsus of Danvers, MA.